May 14, 2009

Nine Days to Go!

Last speed training session before the Big One!

I decided to try a "modified" Yasso 800 workout. For Yasso 800s, your time goal for your 800 meter (or half mile) intervals is your marathon goal in minutes instead of hours. For instance, my marathon goal time is 3:35, understood as 3 hours 35 minutes. So my half mile interval for this workout should be run in 3 minutes 35 seconds. Pretty darned simple, really!

Recoveries are supposed to take the same amount of time as the interval. This is were the "modified" comes in. In order to be able to measure a half mile, I need to start my interval at the marker, no matter how long it takes me to get there! So my recoveries were usually just over 2 minutes. I honestly couldn't go any slower!

Since I'm in taper week, I only did 5 intervals. Here are my splits:

  1. 3:25
  2. 3:15
  3. 3:19
  4. 3:27
  5. 3:29

I stink at pacing! haha! But I was very happy with the results today. Great run! All easy runs from here on out. My longest will be an 8-miler Saturday or Sunday.

9 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Cats are like greatness: Some people are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats, and some have cats thrust upon them." -William H. A. Carr

red's 2011 race schedule