November 2, 2008

New York Marathon - go Paula!

Just finished watching Paula Radcliffe win her 3rd New York City Marathon. Go women named Paula!! :-) What an inspiration. And not just because she has a cool name. She has suffered recently from numerous injuries including a broken leg, a stress fracture, an Olympic letdown and giving birth to her daughter, yet she comes back from all that and kicks butt in New York!

We just won't mention that 2005 London incident.

Today I did my longest, long-run yet at 14 miles. It took over 2 hours! (just) It got really hard after about 11 miles. Considering I've done 2 half-marathons recently and didn't get tired during either one, it seems strange that I would start getting tired during a training run after just 11 miles. I know there are good days and bad days, but still... Probably a healthy dose of adrenaline helped in the competitions. Also, I do need to get a fuel belt to try out during long runs since my hand-strap bottle just gets annoying after about 8 or so miles and I need to drink during these longer runs. I'm sure that played a part in my fatigue too.

Anyway, now that the long run is over and I'm stretched and showered I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Cats are like greatness: Some people are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats, and some have cats thrust upon them." -William H. A. Carr

red's 2011 race schedule