March 26, 2009

My Review of Salomon XA Comp 3 GTX Trail-Running Shoes - Women's

REI

These waterproof trail-runners were built to perform on rugged terrain—ideal for adventure running and when comfort and precision are paramount.

Superb for Technical Trail Running

lvt4cats Lake Orion, MI 3/26/2009

5 5

Gift: No

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Rugged, Comfortable, Good Traction

Cons: Hot

Best Uses: Snow & Ice, Technical trail running, All Weather Conditions

Describe Yourself: Competitive Athlete

Arch Type: Low Arch

I have 3-4 trail races (ranging from 10K to 25K) that I am training for this year so I spend a lot of time training on the trails! Most of the trails I train on are moderately technical. These shoes are a dream! I adore these trail running shoes to the point that I really wish Salomon would make a road running shoe!

The shoes were comfortable from day one. They let no water seep through! (Though Gore-Tex can't stop water from coming in through the top!) They are moderately breathable - they may not be ideal for long trail runs in the summer. My feet do get a little clammy in warm weather, but I hardly hold this against the shoe. My toes are forever grateful for the protection these shoes afford against rock and root!

My shoes have almost 200 miles on them - all trail running. They show almost no signs of wear. There are those who complain about laces wearing after a year or so, but I can't imagine any running shoe lasting that long. Even the priciest running shoes break down after 400-500 miles and I'll hit that number in well under a year. These aren't casual shoes, after all. I love the lacing system!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Cats are like greatness: Some people are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats, and some have cats thrust upon them." -William H. A. Carr

red's 2011 race schedule