April 24, 2009

Love/Hate Relationship with Warm Weather

I'm sure the warm weather played a part, but today's run was HARD. Okay, I'm sure the fact that I have a hard time slowing down also played a part. I averaged under 8:00 min/mile again for 10 miles total. I gotta stop that. Thing is, today's run was hard from the very beginning and it just got worse as I went along. I took my Nathan handheld, but staying hydrated didn't seem to help. The big problem was overall fatigue. Oh well. I'm sure I'll get used to running in 70+ degree weather soon. I'm missing the 40-50 degree days. They are so fleeting... *sigh*

Except when running, I do LOVE summer heat! Shorts, tank tops, bikinis, oh my!!

I'll either take tomorrow off or do a very easy trail run with my new trail runners. Sunday is my longest trail race yet - a half marathon. Let's hope for no thunderstorms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Cats are like greatness: Some people are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats, and some have cats thrust upon them." -William H. A. Carr

red's 2011 race schedule