February 26, 2009

Great Weather and a Great Run!

Weather Report: 42F and Sunny -- How could I NOT run today?! And so I did! It was fantastic. No gloves needed. No hat. No vest. My heel felt great. The side stitch was mostly held at bay. I felt so good I even put in an extra kick at the end. My average pace was 7:59 min/mile over 5.5 miles. Probably a little faster than I should have gone, but when I'm not on a treadmill, I have a hard time holding back. That's something I'll need to change come marathon time!

My plans for the rest of the week include another 6 mile easy run tomorrow, a 3 mile easy run Saturday and then an 8-10 mile longish run on Sunday if I still feel good. I consulted with SmartCoach again to get an idea of what kind of long run plan would be doable in the 13 weeks I have left before the race. This is what it came up with: 10, 12, 14, 6, 16, 18, 20, 6, 16, 20, 20, 8, race. With the nice base I had before the injury, I should be okay with this plan, but I still haven't totally recovered my confidence. Sunday should go a long way to restore that confidence if my run goes well. I also don't plan on attempting any speedwork for a few weeks.

The rest of my workout today included core training Lolo style with my usual additions and leg and back strength training. Then I headed to Matt's restaurant to refuel with a calzone stuffed with chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, basil, oregano and mozzarella. Mmmm....

I have yet to indulge in any tiramisu. Matt. Ahem.

Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Cats are like greatness: Some people are born into cat-loving families, some achieve cats, and some have cats thrust upon them." -William H. A. Carr

red's 2011 race schedule